Unless noted otherwise, all workshops are held over two days, from 12pm to 4pm (GMT+5:30) each day.
- Private Sector (₹ 5000)
- Government or Academic Organization (₹ 2500)
Cost inclusive of GST.
Who should attend?
- Practicing engineers working in the water resources, environmental, energy and civil engineering industries
- Regulators and decision makers looking to better understand what state-of-the-art tools are available to the modelling community
- University students interested in using CFD in their research
- All modelers working in the field of environmental hydraulics
What will you learn?
- How to import geometry and set up free surface hydraulic models, including meshing and initial and boundary conditions
- How to add complexity by including sediment transport and scour, air entrainment, particles, scalars and turbulence
- How to use sophisticated visualization tools such as FlowSight to effectively analyze and convey simulation results
You’ve completed the workshop, now what?
Attendees receive a 30-day FLOW-3D HYDRO license!
After the workshop, your license will be extended for 30 days.* During this time you will have the support of a Flow Science India CFD Engineer, who will help you work through your specifics. You will also have access to our web-based training videos covering introductory through advanced modeling topics.
*FLOW-3D HYDRO workshop licenses are available to prospective or lapsed users in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Bhutan.
In this online workshop, you will explore the hydraulics of typical dam and weir cases, municipal conveyance and wastewater problems, and river and environmental applications. You will be introduced to more sophisticated physics models, such as air entrainment, sediment scour and transport, thermal plumes and density flows and particle dynamics. By the end of the workshop, you will have absorbed the user interface and steps that are common to three classes of hydraulic problems, and used the advanced post-processing tool FlowSight to analyze the results of your simulations. Our workshop materials are comprehensive yet accessible for engineers new to CFD methods.
- Registration is limited to 10 attendees
- Cost: ₹ 5000 (private sector); ₹ 2500 (government or academic), cost inclusive of GST.
- 30-day FLOW-3D license*
*FLOW-3D Workshop licenses are available to prospective or lapsed users in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Bhutan.
- A laptop or desktop running 64-bit Windows 7 or later
- An external mouse (not a touchpad device)
- Dual monitor setup recommended
- Webcam recommended
- Dedicated graphics card; nVidia Quadro card required for remote desktop
For more info on recommended hardware, see our Supported Platforms page.
Cancellation & Refund Policies
Flow Science India reserves the right to cancel a workshop at any time, due to reasons such as insufficient registrations or instructor unavailability. In such cases, a full refund will be given, or attendees may opt to transfer their registration to another workshop. Flow Science India is not responsible for any costs incurred.
Attendees who are unable to attend a workshop may cancel up to one week in advance to receive a full refund. Attendees must cancel their registration by 5:00 pm (GMT+5:30) one week prior to the date of the workshop; after that date, no refunds will be given. Alternatively, an attendee can request to have their registration transferred to another workshop.
If you need to cancel your workshop registration, please email email@example.com to request a cancellation. We will process your refund in 7-10 business days.
FLOW-3D and FLOW-3D HYDRO workshop licenses are available to prospective or lapsed users in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Bhutan. Existing users are welcome to register for a workshop, and should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss their licensing options.
Workshop licenses are for evaluation purposes only, and not to be used for any commercial purpose other than evaluation of the capabilities of the software.
About the Instructor
Pankaj Lawande is a CFD Team Lead with Flow Science India. He has over six years of experience with FLOW-3D. His primary focus is on water and environmental applications such as dams, water resources, municipal infrastructure, and scour problems. Pankaj holds a M.Tech in Modeling and Simulation from the University of Pune.